Picky eaters is often created. I should know I was definitely created (lol) With being forced to eat, told to not get up from the table or given too much food. As a Haitian mom who loves to cook, fresh ingredients or frozen and lots of vegetables.
However in this Haitian household we love to not only experiment with fresh and colourful ingredients but with a variety of flavours that range from vegan to meat lover.
I originally wanted to make hummus and umm it was too watery. I was going to make rice but the pressure cooker was in the dishwasher and making rice in a pot takes forever!
So from all of that came the chickpea sauce pasta, fried fish and Brussel sprouts! Get ready to dazzle your family!
- PASTA (any shape)
- CAYENNE PEPPER
- HYMILEYIN PINK SALT
- FRESH ONIONS
- FRESH GARLIC
- CHICKPEAS (GARBANZO BEANS)
- BLACK PEPPER
- OLIVE OIL
- GARLIC POWDER
- ONION POWDER
- FROZEN WHITING FISH
- NINJA BLENDER
- AIR FRYER
WHITING FISH RECIPE
- Wild caught whiting fish put in fridge to defrost (clean your fish)
- In a bowl, place fish and add your preferred seasonings and oil to marinate fish
- After a 20+ minutes of marinating add fish to the air fryer
- In a heated pot add a tbls of olive oil, salt, minced or sliced garlic and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add your choice of pasta
- You want al dente texture pasta. After 8 minutes (depending on pasta amount) you strain your water,l eaving only a little bit!
HUMMUS RECIPE (HAITIAN STYLE)
- Add your can or cooked chickpeas to blender
- Add garlic, onions and dry seasoning and olive oil
- Blend until its thick (this is hummus)
- Add water and make it saucey
- Add to pasta
Definitely let me know if you decide to make this meal and send me photos or tag me!