If cooking isn’t quite your thing, but you have all the necessary tools, then this recipe is the perfect one for you! As a seasoned cook making my yellow rice is not coming from the box (no judgement), but it’s easier and less salty that way.
- WHITE RICE
- TURMERIC POWDER
- HYMILEYIN PINK SALT
- FRESH ONIONS
- FRESH GARLIC
- FROZEN MIXED VEGETABLES
- BLACK PEPPER
- OLIVE OIL
- FROZEN WHITING FISH
- TOMATO PASTE
- PRESSURE COOKER
- AIR FRYER
WHITING FISH RECIPE
- Wild caught whiting fish put in fridge to defrost (clean your fish)
- In a bowl, place fish and add your preferred seasonings and oil to marinate fish
- After a 20+ minutes of marinating add fish to the air fryer
YELLOW RICE RECIPE
- (Pressure cooker on pasta or rice setting for 6 minutes)
- In a heated pot add a tbls of olive oil, freshly diced onions, minced or sliced garlic and frozen vegetables. Let them sauteed but extra cripsy.
- Add turmeric powder (colour) and salt (taste) Add water
- Clean your rice and add it to your pot. Let it cook for 6 mins (pressure)
HAITIAN SOS (TOMATO SAUCE)
- Heat pot on medium high heat and add oil
- Add onions to fry for a few seconds (legit a few seconds!)
- Add your tomato paste and mix it in well (DON’T LET IT COOK)
- Add water to your paste for a sauce consistency and season for taste. Add fresh onions for razzle dazzle.
Definitely let me know if you decide to make this meal and send me photos or tag me!